Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Wildflower Wednesday!!

June 26, 2013     It's a wildfl ower Wednesday!!

Hello there.  I started off today watching Junelle Jacobsen's Wildflower Wednesday.  For those of you who haven't discovered her blog, yesandamen.blogspot.com, you should really go there, quick! She does wonderful watercolor, mixed media, sketches and stories to go with them.  This is the 3rd online workshop I have taken with her and I enjoy it so much.  Which is interesting, because before taking her classes, I would tell you that I couldn't even draw a stick man!  Junelle breaks it down to manageable sketches and teaches you how to draw things simply and embellish your images with watercolor, paper piecing, mixed media, etc.  It is truly awesome.  Below you will see a small canvas I did of macaroons, love them and so does my dad. I will usually take him some homemade ones or store bought ones when I go back home for a visit.  Hope you enjoy the canvas.  I used watercolored paper that was used to practice making ribbons of color, and paper pieced the macaroons onto a little cake stand.
My  husband and I are taking off for a few days to the Texas Hill country in the morning, so I may not be able to blog while gone.  I will definitely let you know when we are back and will hopefully have some new sketches and or artwork or canvases to share.  Have a great rest of the week and wonderful weekend!!

Just Julie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment