Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Crafting with a Friend!!

July 10, 2013

Good evening to all.  Hope your day has been a good one so far.  I spent my day teaching a friend how to do some paper crafts here at my home.  Her name is Cindy and she lives about an hour from me. We became friends through our children, who are friends from college.  She and her husband have retired to this area to be closer to their grandchildren. They had a studio built behind their house which contains their supplies to do stained glass.  Cindy and I are alternating going to each other's home once a month to learn a new craft and it is really fun to collaborate with someone who is as passionate about creating as you are!!  Today she made 2 gable gift boxes for her granddaughters, probably for Xmas time.  Then she also made a gesso canvas with all kinds of goodies glued on it for her Mother. It was covered in gesso, then sprayed with Dylusions and a final spray with copper Perfect Pearls for a bit of shine and patina.  Her mother loves roses, crochet, and the colors red and pink, so that's what she gave her.  We tied a ribbon through the holes at the top of the canvas that are meant for binding rings, then punched a hole for some old jewelry beads to dangle from the bottom.  I just love these little works of art.  I discovered these chipboard pieces covered in canvas at Michaels and bought several shapes to keep in my stash for quick gift giving or just to create when the mood strikes!!  I think a package is $2.50 for 6 of them. Pretty good deal I would say!!  Also, Cindy made me a wrapped wire beaded bracelet with a sunflower dangle charm on it, simply darlin!! Sorry I don't have a picture of it, it's too dark in the house now to take one, but you get the idea of it.  So sweet of her to make a special bracelet for me.  Guess she will have to teach me how to make them at one of our craft sessions.

So that was pretty much what I did today.  We chatted the whole time, had lunch, then chatted and she finished her projects before heading back home.  A great day, just what I needed!

I was so wrapped up in my creative play that I forgot it was Wildflower Wednesday in my Wild Art Summer class, so I will definitely watch that before I turn in tonite.  Will have to practice my wildflowers tomorrow.  So, see you all later!

Just Julie




No comments:

Post a Comment