Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Little Pretty for a Friend

July 9, 2013

Hello girls!!  Hope you had a terrific Tuesday and were productive in one way or another.  I had to get a temporary crown on today, hate that.  Was eating a red hot last week and broke off part of a tooth.  Serves me right, shouldn't have been eating that!! Anyway, that is fixed for the time being until the permanent crown is in.  Then I had an interview with a medical placement agency here in the area.  They match applicants with employers in the medical field.  I also went to my favorite store, The Crafty Scrapper, in Waxahachie.  Love that place.  Have been reminding them everytime I am there (which is fairly often) that I am interested in working there when a spot opens up.  It is not in nursing and would be a completely different job for me, and something I think I would enjoy doing as I am so passionate about papercrafting of all kinds!! So, will see what happens.  On the home front, getting ready for a family pool party here this Saturday.  Should be a lot of fun seeing the relatives and littles that will be there with their parents.

Tomorrow I have a friend, Cindy, who is coming to my house to learn some papercrafting.  I went to her house about a month or so ago for her to teach me stained glass.  I did a small project and was quite proud that I could do it and it wasn't as hard as it looked.  Now, it was a small project!! But never the less, it was a great time and now it's her turn to come to my neck of the woods and learn something new.  So I am looking forward to that.

So, the first pic you will see is my project I created at Cindy's house. The next pretty is a little something I made as a welcome to give to Cindy tomorrow.  Just cause I wanted to.  I made it with the little starter peat pots you buy for seedlings.  First saw this idea on Bona Tran's Live Love Scrap on You tube a few weeks ago.  They are really cheap ($1.58 for 6 pots!) and you can do a lot of things with them.  I just threw in things I had here at the house along with a few little spools of thread for decoration, since Cindy likes to quilt.  I painted the pot with gesso, then filled with shredded paper and scrunched ribbon that I made.  Found the cute little bird at Michaels and couldn't resist it! There were 3 to a package, different colors.  So with a little glue gun, paint, and Wild Orchid Crafts roses, and of course some stickles here and there, it was done.  I am not endorsing products listed, just giving you information if you wanted to know where to purchase.  

Guess that is enough activity for today.  Hope you all sleep tight tonite and will show you what my friend and I create tomorrow.
Til next post!

Just Julie



1 comment:

  1. You sound like your Grandmother Howard. She used the term "pretty" as a noun also. Especially for toys which were "play pretties".

    ReplyDelete