Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Wildflower Wednesday!!

July 3, 2013

Hello ladies!  Time for a peek of another couple of pages I completed today after watching Wildflower Wednesday with Junelle.  I have a hard time coming up with drawings of flowers on my own without help from google images, or in this case, watching someone.  My delphiniums turned into a 2 page spread, it just worked out that way.  I loved doing raised petals for texture on this piece!! I did buy some heavy bodied titanium white paint especially for this as I had never used it before and wanted to give it a go.  I love using it and love how it mixes with other pigments to give such a rich color.  I have been looking for the Uniball white pen, and there are none to be had locally.  I was about to order from Amazon or Two Peas in a Bucket, but decided to wait until after I went to Michaels for white paint.  Well, I found a Gelly roll white pen I thought I would try, and to my astonishment, it worked!! So, in case anyone out there is having the same issue looking for white pens, you might consider trying this.  It is a fine tip, but gets the job done.  It's the little things that make me happy!
Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday tomorrow and flies their flag proudly.  I am thinking of a flag project, but not sure yet what it will be, I may surprise myself when I come up with an idea.  Have a great evening, until next time!!

Just Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment