Thursday, July 11, 2013

Shopping and Sunflowers!!

July 11, 2013

Hello ladies.  Boy have I been busy today.  Shopping for food and gifts for our pool party this Saturday.  I hit Bath and Body Works, Costco, Kroger, and managed to fit in a pedicure around lunch time!! And it was a scorcher today, over 100 degrees here in the metroplex, and I had a headache to prove it.  Once I was finally done with all the shopping, (so I didn't have to do it all tomorrow), I sat down, ended up taking some ibuprofen, and rested a little in my recliner.  Not for long, cause then it was time to get the spaghetti sauce on for dinner.  In between cooking the sauce and emptying the dishwasher I checked our Wild Art group on facebook.  And to my surprise there was a new post from Leslie of a beautiful sunflower she had watercolored!!  Oh bestill my heart, it was gorgeous!!  I left her a comment and said I would be copying it so I could have it to look at whenever I wanted to.  I then searched some more images on google for sunflowers and found some pinkish orange ones that I sketched in addition to the one Leslie did.  Instead of transferring all of that to watercolor paper, I used colored pencils, then outlined with pen.  Then I just had to put down a watercolor wash on the background, even though I shouldn't have done that in my sketch book.  But, I am the boss of me!! So, that's what I did. Anyway, just wanted to check in with you all and post some pics of my sketch.  The first pic is of my bracelet that my friend Cindy gave to me yesterday at our craft session.  I just love it, it has a little sunflower dangle on it.  Then you will see a pic of my pitcher that matches my dishes, with sunflowers on them!! Finally, my sketch, that I am quite pleased with.  
Think I am gonna go get my pj's on and see if there is anything on tv that interests me.  It has clouded up here, so may get some rain overnight, hopefully.  Have a good rest of your evening!! Until next time.

Just Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment