Monday, July 1, 2013

First Monday of July!!

July 1, 2013

Happy July!! Can't believe it is already July, time is flying by fast this year.  We have had a break with the Texas heat lately, which is fine with me.  However, while cleaning the house this morning, still had to turn on extra fan as I was workin up a sweat!!  So after my chores were done, I was able to sit down with my watercolors and do some lil campers, they are so stinkin cute!  My sister is having a fit over them.  She loves all things camping.  Anyway, as always I have to have Junelle's videos on when I am creating, in case I need to see how she does a certain technique.  I finished 3 campers and you can see them below.  They did turn out good, even though I was a little skeptical about doing the foliage, that is something I am not too good at yet.  But, in the end, the pen work really helps define and hide any areas I didn't like.  Let me know what ya think. Now will be attempting a tent tomorrow, but may need to get some heavy bodied white paint in order to get the texture I am needing.  Also need a white unipen, which I  may have trouble finding.  If I remember correctly I had to order one online the last time I bought one.  Oh well, not to worry, I always seem to need something to do what I am working on!!

Well, not much else going on here, just relaxing this evening with the dear hubby and enjoying this cooler weather.  Have a good evening and will check in with you tomorrow!!  As you can see, I just had to give the first little camper a sun hat even though she was parked close to a tree!!

Just Julie




2 comments:

  1. Great start. Will send some of your scrap pin pictures later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE love love these cute lil critter campers :) Great job Sis!!

    ReplyDelete